http://press.ffii.org/Press%20releases/EuroParliament%20to%20exclude%20Free%20Software%20with%20patents%20and%20FRAND

> They intend to introduce FRAND ("fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory")
> patent licensing law, which would mean you can't simply withhold patent
> licenses, you need to license them to anyone who wants them under
> reasonable terms. But they intend to exclude free software from the
> definition. (I'm not too sure on the details, but it doesn't sound good.)

The details are here:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/smartapi/cgi/sga_doc?smartapi!celexplus!prod!DocNumber&lg=EN&type_doc=COMfinal&an_doc=2011&nu_doc=0315

The (F)RAND requirements are exposed in "ANNEX II REQUIREMENTS FOR THE
RECOGNITION OF TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS IN THE FIELD OF ICT"

I searched for "open source" and "free software" in the entire document -
0 occurrences.

Adrian