On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Adam Bolte <abo...@systemsaviour.com>wrote:

> > 2. there exists things stranger than you think is this words. E.g. the
> > Millau Viaduct was copyrighed *as design* by the architect (Lord Norman
> > Foster) and still is. His lordship chose to grant *the management* of the
> > intellectual property rights to the company that operates/maintains
> > it<
> http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=26524091
> >.
> > Now, you either use a browser with the Flash Payer installed, navigate to
> > http://www.leviaducdemillau.com/en_index.php and, bottom of the page
> pick
> > "Legale notice" to read it yourself, or you believe me when I'm saying
> that
> > *this company is the sole legal entity that can grant the right for the
> use
> > of the pictures of that bridge*.
>
> Different jurisdictions surely have different copyright laws and
> interpretations too, so I'm not entirely surprised. Oh look - it's on
> Wikipedia under a CC BY-SA 3.0 license. ;)
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millau_Viaduct

:) Think you caught me pants down, are you ? :)

No, you are not looking to the picture of Millau Viaduct, but at photo of
Creiselles!.
If you read the "Description" of the image
file<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Creissels_et_Viaduct_de_Millau.jpg>,
you'll find that the picture actually depicts: "*Blick auf Creissels* *mit
der Autobahnbrücke im Hintergrund*" (translation: "*the **view of Creissels*
*with the highway bridge in the background*").
If it would be a picture of the Millau Viaduct itself, you wouldn't be
looking to it on Wikipedia, as Wikipedia is very serious about copyright
(greed motivated or not).

The explanation: if you go the http://www.leviaducdemillau.com/en_index.php and
navigate/read the legal notice, you discover that:
"no image exists ... of the Millau Viaduct that is "copyright free" (except
images of landscapes in which the Viaduct, *shown into background*, *is not
the main subject of the image*)"

Adrian