Hi all,

There is a fantastic looking event coming up in Moreland on Thursday the
2nd of November at 8pm:
http://www.moreland.vic.gov.au/libraries/library-events-and-activities/readmore-project/-Margaret-Gordon-discusses-open-source-and-collaborative-platforms-/
... Margaret Gordon was the reporter who visited us during our August
meetup, and she is presenting some of the work she has been doing with the
Linux Foundation, Wikipedia and VLC. Looks to be a fantastic presentation.

Even more exciting we may get the opportunity to do a short presentation or
lead a discussion group... get in touch if you can make the event and want
to get involved and we'll keep you updated with developments (including a
sneak preview of the videos being presented... Exciting!).

For anyone interested in the D# universal language Elmer presented last
meetup there is a slack channel here: http://dsharpul.slack.com/ twitter
channel: @dsharpul https://twitter.com/dsharpul or get in touch at
elmer.bool@ei8.works to discuss the project further.

We also mentioned the open letter for Publicly funded software has to be
Free and Open Source Software: https://publiccode.eu//openletter/ ... can
we get a show of support for Free Software Melbourne to sign it as an
organization??? I for one think that we should sign the letter and
republish on our website/blog too! :D

Finally if anyone is interested in participating in a presentation at
Melbourne Knowledge Week next year I've started an etherpad to sketch out
ideas here: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/fsm-mkw-2018 with the working
title "The Importance of Software Licensing"... put your name down as a
presenter if you're interested in getting involved.

~~ Ben