I know some guys that have used libusb and found it adequete.  It's the only opensource (and free) library I know of.

http://libusb.sourceforge.net/

On 11/28/05, Segin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Can someone suggest to me a good USB interface library? I am going to
cook you guys up a simple program to interject any definable byte(s) you
want into any device you want. This will be useful namely on USB wifi
computer. (if it's got an ARM, it's a computer.)