                From:   Mark B. Elrod [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Thursday, July 29, 1999 6:34 PM
                To:     FreeAmp Developer List
                Subject:        [RELEASE] FreeAmp version 1.3

                I just updated the website with the latest release of
FreeAmp. Thanks to
                everyone who has helped out. If we accidentally left someone
out of the
                authors file let us know so we can remedy the situation.
                Here is the list of changes:

                Changes for Linux and Windows version 1.3.0:

                - Fixed support for MPEG-1,2 layer 2 files
                - Fixed 'LMC cannot decode, corrupt media?' bug
                - Added PreBuffer support
                - Added HTTP proxy support (thanks to Alan Cutter for the
patch)
                - Improved audio pipeline with much clearer model and common
base
                classes
                - Added support for selecting network card for streaming
plugins
                - Added Linux Enlightened Sound Daemon support. (thanks go
to Isaac
                Richards)
                - Added icecast style title streaming support
                - Added ncurses UI for unix (thanks go to Stephan Auerhahn)
                - Fixed lots of the volume bugs for win98/95
                - Fixed "tray menu hanging around" bug
                - Fixed "Lack of changelog"... here it is!
                - You can now use FreeAmp to play files directly from
Netscape
                - Random playing is now actually random and non repeating,
repeating,
                  repeating, repeating...

                Changes for Linux and Windows version 1.2.3:

                - Fixed support for MPEG 2.5 streams and files
                - Windows release now uses Jean-Michel HERVE's x86
optimizations
                - Added support for saving incoming SHOUTcast/HTTP streams
to disk,
                  (enabled by the "-save" command-line argument or the
"SaveStreams"
                  preference on Linux).  See the README for more
information.
                - Added an install-freeamp script for Linux

                Changes for Linux version 1.2.2:

                - Incorporated x86 assembly MP3 decoder optimizations from
                  "Jean-Michel HERVE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                - Added support for a preferences file in ~/.freeamp_prefs
                  The command-line properties are no longer supported.
                  See the README for more information.

                Changes for Windows version 1.2.1:

                - Fixed minimization bugs

                Changes for Windows version 1.2:

                - All cool changes listed for Linux Below +

                - Real Playlist Support

                - Save playlists to your Rio

                - Live in tray

                - Pref Panel

                Changes for Linux version 1.2:

                - Added assembly decoder optimizations, input and output
buffering.
                FreeAmp
                  should now be able to play audio uninterrupted, unless the
load
                  on the machine gets too great. FreeAmp is now much less
processor
                  intensive, while consuming more memory.

                - Added support for SHOUTcast, HTTP and RTP streaming. You
can now
                specify
                  a file, an http://, or a rtp:// on the command line. For
more
                information
                  on SHOUTcast, please see http://icecast.linuxpower.org or
                  http://www.shoutcast.com

                - Logging support. Using the Logging, LogInput, LogDecode
properties
                  the user can now log debug information and errors to the
file
                freeamp.log.
                  This will allow the freeamp team to debug problems with
versions of
                FreeAmp
                  in the field.

                - VBR stream support. FreeAmp handles VBR streams correctly.
It might
                  have done this in previous versions too, but it does it
better now.
                :-)

                - stdin support. To accept an mp3 stream from stdin, invoke
freeamp like

                  this:

                      freeamp file://- < myfile.mp3

                - Added properties for logging and buffering. See README for
details.

                - Added autoplay support.