i created an application which handles the LCD control, file enumeration,
and the other player stuff needed in a car player, i use winamp (driven with
window messages) to play the mp3-s, this will be changed (i need more
control on the player), as soon as i find a suitable decoder for my needs,
thats why i need more info on xing's. i investigated freeamp's sources maybe
it can be implemented as a CAR plugin or such.

> the NT driver is in the repository. in the main trunk it can
> be found in
> io/rio/win32 and in the 1.5 branch it has been moved to lib/portio.
well, i got the source, i tried with portio.sys but i was not able to create
a file on //./RioDev, i got INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE
maybe the problem is in my setup, cos i created the registry entries
manually, anyone to know how to install it properly?