Isaac, can you apply these patches? I'm still stuck in windows hell. :-(

>1. It was a lot of time for me to get the theme.xml's things out from the
>code. There should be a howto for it!

There will be! However, I need to finish up a few other things before I can
write the Howto. Maybe early next week.

>2. Is it possible in the not so far future to make some features in the
>xml format? This is what I'd need: Somehow I need to tell freeamp, that
>the buttons I us (from the winamp skin) are not in horizontal, but
>vertical order.
>It could be like: <ButtonControl Name="n" Direction="Vertical">

Yes, that's possible, but no I won't have time to do it. Its not all that
tough -- go to Control.cpp and look for BlitFrame() that function blits a
frame from a control onto a canvas. No rocket science here. Take that
function and create a vertical version of it.

In the XML it would be best to specify it like this:

            <ControlBitmap Rect="0,34,127,67" Name="Buttons" Style="Vert"/>

Making the XML changes for this is trivial. If you create the
BlitFrameVertical() and have the ButtonControl::ButtonControl() take a bool
bVertical argument, which is used to either call BlitFrame() or
BlitFrameVertical() then I will make the xml changes and accept the patch.

3. Does anyone know how to make something like ButtonControl, but without
pressing. Something like ControlLabel.

Something that looks more like a button, but you can't click on it? Does it
have static text or a bitmap in it? I'm not quite certain what you're out
for. However, it is easy to create controls -- the controls are finite state
machine, and the control defines which states it uses and which transitions
it wants to know about. Then the control needs to listen to the transition
and take the proper blttting or text drawing action in response to the state
change. Once you grok what's going on its easy. I think this is one of the
things that allowed me to write this theme interface so quickly...

4. Generally what is the format of the Rect-s? "x1,y1,x2,y2" or
"x1,y1,lx,ly"

x1,y2,x2,y2, where x2 and y2 are inclusive.

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert