Hi All,

     think of the scenario.. There is a Linux machine running MP3 player.
Now I want to control the MP3 player remotely. I am thinking of a
microcontroller board that has a Serial communication, input Key board and
a LCD display. The micorcontroller is placed near Point of Sales terminal.
The cash clerk should able to control the functionality of the MP3 player
from his desk.

     The Linux machine will have an RS-232 based applicaiton that recognizes
the signals from the micro-controller. And this application should send a
message to the Player to control it. How my RS-232 application can talk to
the player?. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Take care,
Srinivas

Srinivas A,
Team Leader