For those that are interested, a new version of id3lib is now available.
With the help of Mark Elrod, id3lib now sports some reorganization, bug fixes,
and, most importantly, project files for MS Windows compilation.  Please
download and test it out (especially those of you have access to vc++ under
windows), since I changed a few things around from the last fixes elrod gave me.

You can download the library from the following URL:

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~sth2/id3lib-3.6.2.tar.gz

The Windows project files are in the toplevel "prj" directory.

Please note: the folks involved with ID3Lib development at MusicMatch have
expressed concern over the version numbering of id3lib, so it might change to
something different in the near future.  Until that is resolved, I will limit
the announcement of updates to the library to the id3v2 and freeamp mailing
lists (rather than submitting it to freshmeat like a good open-source
developer).

Thanks for your interest.

-Scott

PS id3lib is a C++ class library for manipulating ID3v1/v1.1 and ID3v2 tags.
It will hopefully in the near future have a functional C interface.