Hello. I just downloaded the Win32 distribution for 2.0 beta 4. There
were several compile, link, and post-build errors, all of which have
trivial fixes.

FYI, I am using Visual Studio 6 on Windows NT 4.

NASM Release/Debug configuration

xing project
        1) The custom build steps for the .asm files refer to nasm.exe
        They should refer only to nasm because many nasm distributions
        call this executable namsw.exe, and to reference it as nasm,
        I created a batch file called NASM.BAT which contains only
        a single line:

        @nasmw %*

        The %* syntax means "all arguments" on Windows NT. I am not
        sure if it works on DOS/Win95.

        2) The msisasm.asm custom build step refers to NASM by an
        absolute path (something like C:\tools\nasm) - I assume this
        reflects the original developer's configuration. It should
        be changed simply to NASM like the other .asm files.

musicbrowser project
        1) There were several compile errors related to casting
        ScrollProc and TimerProc function pointers as if they returned
        int (instead of void, which they actually do return, and which
        Windows requires). I'm not sure I understand why they are being
        cast this way, but removing the casts allowed it to build clean.

simple project
        This project had several errors at link time. It was not linking
        with the following libraries -- adding these libraries to the
        linker options solved the problem:

        Freeamp libs: gdbm.lib fabaselib.lib
        Microsoft libs: version.lib wsock32.lib

This just takes care of the build problems. Now let's see if it
actually runs. :)

| Chad Loder - Somerville, MA, USA                 |
| EMail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        |
| Home Page: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/cloder    |