* Julius Xavier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I ran the LCdproc server (LCD -d MaxOrb). The server is
> running o.k. However when I run the freeamp client (freeamp
> -ui freeamp -ui lcd.ui mymp3.mp3) I don't get anything in the
> display (display is connecte to ttyS1 and it is working
> because when i kill the LCDd, i get teh message "thanks for
> using lcdproc"). what could be the problem?. is it related to
> freeamp or lcdproc?.
>
> Has anybody use the lcd.ui ?. what version of the lcdproc
> server did you use?.

The lcd.ui in freeamp should be compatible with LCDd-0.4-pre8
and several earlier versions.  However, the LCDd client
protocol is in the process of changing, and lcd.ui will need to
be updated to work with LCDd-0.4-pre10.

Hopefully, in the process of updating it, someone will also add
a lot of improvements to it (like supporting input, and maybe
playlists).

 _  _ _  _ ___ ___  ---"I don't get even - I just get odder."---
( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) |     Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ)    |
 \  / \  /  //  //  |       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      |
 /  \ / /  //_ //_  |     irc:serdevian.dyn.omnipotent.net     |
(_/\_(_/  (___(___) |  http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/  |