Julius Xavier wrote:

> Hi Harald,
> thanks for your email. I decied to do a direct lcdui after it was suggested
> at the freeamp mailing list. I don't mind using the lcdproc as long as It

from whom? lcdproc provides kinda multitasking for the display. I
display many
other screens, one blocking programm is not acceptable for me, i think
other
display users go in line with me.
If you connect only with freeamp, it show only your screen, you could do
priority
etc. to stay on top for your car amp.

btw, what power supply are you using?

> give me enough functionality. I may do some more modification/addition to
> the lcdprc. However, when I tried the lcd.ui through lcdproc I don't see

which functionality you use is not provided by lcdproc ?
you have input with various devices.
you have scrollers, bars (h + v), strings, ...
you have full control over the display.

> (bar, scroller etc..). Which version of the lcdproc server Do i need. Can I
> compile the freeamp lcdui.cpp without any modifications and see all the
> features it has?.

Try the latest cvs tree of freeamp, i did some modifications, use
lcdproc from cvs
(latest client server protocol)

> I would appreciate reply..

Of course.

I have no problem with you doing seprate not lcdproc aware stuff, but
then we have
to do 2 lcd clients, one with lcdproc and one without.
But i think lcdproc gives you all what you need in a very simple way, it
is network
transparent, and other users who want to use more than one application
with their
display are satisfied.

Harald