Actually, this may be partly a restatement of the
original problem. Dragging a file onto the player
while playing another file seems to move the
dropped file to the head of the queue.

But...independently of whether the player
automatically starts playing the dropped file,
I always feel like it should go to the other
end of the queue. Maybe I'm smoking crack. :)