On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 01:39:57PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On 21-Sep-2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I've got all the latest and greatest and the crash happens for me as
> > well....
>
> Positive about that?  Problem was the Http class in libmusicbrainz was clashing
> w/ the Http class in freeamp..  Renamed it to MBHttp and the problem went away
> here.

I still am at work (so I can't test anything) but I have a strong suggestion to C++
library
writers:

Use namespaces.

C++ has even more flexible namespaces than Java.

You library code become more legible since your library can call MB::Http as Http.
People using the library get to only pull in what they want to into their namespace.

Since this library is still "alpha" cvs only code, such a change should be possible.