I sent the below request to the sawfish developer group and
got a couple of responses.   They seem to think it's a mistake
to handle your own dragging.  I have noticed some strange artifacts
(large delays in actual window motion) as well in just normal
operation that could be attributed to self-handled window dragging.

Anybody have any ideas or comments how to solve this one?
 1. Pass events back to the window manager.
 2. Add hooks for each window manager (uggh).
 3. Let the window managers to the moving.

--
Kristian G. Kvilekval
email:[EMAIL PROTECTED] office:(805)893-4178 http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~kris