I believe that

freeamp -ui freeampcmd file://1.cda

will play track one.

It seems abit of a kludge if you ask me. Anybody know what happens if you
have more than one cd drive?

Also on my debian box it only seems to play the first few seconds of any
track, and then quits.

Rob

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Jeff Siddall wrote:

> I've got freeamp installed and working fine on my RH7.2 system.  I'd
> like to play audio CDs in using the command line
> UI called from a shell script, but the docs don't seem to cover the
> freeampcmd.ui at all.  I tried passing /dev/cdrom as the
> playlist, but no go.  What else should I be doing?
>
> Also, anyone know how to send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]?  When I send,
> it bounces with:
>
> 550 [EMAIL PROTECTED] Host unknown (Name server: gold.liquidmetal.com.:
>host not found)
>
> Jeff

           _____
          /    /\               Robert Hart
         /    /  \              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        /    /    \             http://www.nott.ac.uk/~enxrah
      /    /  /  \  \           15 Benington Drive
     /    /  /\   \  \          Wollaton
    /    /  /  \   \  \         Nottingham
 /________________\   \  \      0115 9283660