My husband's income is the sole source for our home, and we live on a pretty
tight budget. Even so, I still want to make my kids' birthday parties ones that
they will never forget. I just have to get a bit creative and spend some time.
Time is money — so if you don't have the money, you have to spend the time.<P>

I have a few suggestions to help plan an unforgettable birthday on a budget.
First of all, choose a theme. My kids will pick a theme based on  their toys.
For instance, my son loves Nemo and has a few Nemo figurines and stuffed toys.
For his last birthday party, I used his toys to decorate instead of buying
decorations that will only get used once. You can also give the small
figurine-type toys a good wash and then use them on the birthday cake.<P>

Second, for favor bags, I just use scraps of fabric and sew up the sides to
make little bags. With a permanent marker or fabric paint, I write a child's
name on each bag.<P>

Instead of party games, I like to do a craft, and that is the "goody" that you
can put in the goody bag. For instance, for my son's Nemo party, I got some
fish sun catchers for the kids to paint. They were cheap and the kids loved
doing it. You can even do something with construction paper and crayons,
depending on the age of the children. Throw in a package of gummies (they make
almost every kind) that match the party theme and you have a goody bag that
every kid will love.

<P>

You can also find some great resources at:
http://www.freewebs.com/teddiscorner/justforparents.htm
Look under "Party Supplies"

------------------------------------

* * * * * *
This Free Baby Stuff is a group is primarily to be used to find baby freebies,
coupons, and samples.  You'll find FREE stuff for baby, toddler, and children.

~ SPAM NOT TOLERATED ~

Have fun and enjoy the freebies. Be sure to visit my website for all my
freebies for babies and children:
http://www.freewebs.com/teddiscorner/
Also go to the group's site & click on the links area.
Pass this group on to your friends!

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional