kabutor wrote:
> >So, we'll need:
> >- A large map as the basis, so that we can define the tile regions and form
> > the terrain
>
> Provide me with a link of a map you like it,  I split that in 14x10
> regions and make a module in CVS to upload the images. :)

I'll do so tonight or tomorrow; I have to finish a book for my Spanish
course until tomorrow, so I'm a bit tight in time.

> Are we going to use the double image thing? You know one for heightmap
> other for texture?

I'll try to integrate terrain splatting first, if it turns out to be working
I guess we won't need it. We should probabyl make it optional, so that a
special terrain texture is used for tiles with special purposes (e.g.
displaying a volcano etc.) and plain terrain splatting is used for all other
tiles.

BTW, there has been a large commit to PagingLandScape in ogreaddons over the
weekend:
Added save of modified Pages.
Added terrainlistener that lets user know when page are loaded.
Modified the loading so that multiples camera can be on very different pages.
Smooth loading by adding a new step : now it's preload, textureload and then
page load
Added Shadowcasts(false) to renderables.
Added RawLoaders (16 bits maps.)
Added InstantBase computation, that modify texture on the fly upon real-time
terrain deformation
Added A shader texture splatting method, that doesn't need any pre-computation
(no base or coverage, real-time shader splatting)Make Query works in a better
way (realwolrd height bilinear interpolation between points needs work tough)
Modify deformation interface to a cleaner one.
Adds Lots of option like (deformable=yes,no) that would speed rendering if no
deformation allowed.
Updated Renderable Frustum Clipping
Updated to Last CVS

So, we should have a deeper look at it again once 0.3 is out, it seems to have
matured a
lot (more than 10000 lines of code changed in the various CVS commits). There
have been
several Linux specific fixes as well.

> >Hmmh, did I miss something?
> >
> Format of file-names (abcdefg.jpg? or 0101.jpg?) and tile size 513x513?
> smailler or bigger?

Maybe letters for the X axis and numbers for the Y; e.g. A05.

> PNG for heighmaps.. JPG maybe for textures?

Sounds good, if you find some time you could try to scale the heightmap of
the center tile to 129x129 and 65x65 and compare the differences in the
generated terrain, maybe we can save some space here.

Cheers,
        Moritz