The following reply was made to PR kern/147858; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andriy Gapon <a...@freebsd.org>
To: bug-follo...@freebsd.org, mac...@suszko.eu
Subject: Re: kern/147858: [acpi] acpi_hp not working when loaded via loader.conf
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 20:18:36 +0300

 Hm, acpi_hp seems to be quite bad in newbus department.
 It doesn't have an identify method to create a device_t for its use and its
probe
 method would claim any device_t passed in.
 So, it doesn't have any actual provision to get probed/attached after acpi_wmi
and
 it can potentially wrek havoc by claiming device_t which should be handled by
some
 other driver.

 I guess that I "broke" this driver when I removed second pass of probe+attach
of
 acpi bus children, but it is the driver that should be fixed.

 --
 Andriy Gapon