Following up on my earlier message, there's another ACPI issue on this
laptop.

1.  First issue is all the EmbeddedControl errors that cause the boot
    to fail unless debug.acpi.disabled="ec" is set, as documented
    in the earlier message.

2.  Second issue is that the S3 suspend/resume does work inasmuch as
    the system does suspend and the screen/keyboard/mouse/disk do work
    after resume.  But, after resume, the built-in re(4) Ethernet no
    longer works, nor do any USB devices.

    After the suspend, there are these log entries:

    Mar 17 00:15:33 spc kernel: re0: reset never completed!
    Mar 17 00:15:33 spc kernel: re0: PHY write failed
    Mar 17 00:15:33 spc last message repeated 4 times
    Mar 17 00:15:34 spc kernel: usb_alloc_device: set address 2 failed
(USB_ERR_STALLED, ignored)

    After the resume, there are no messages about re0, but there are
    messages about USB:

    Mar 17 00:15:38 spc kernel: usb_dev_resume_peer: Resuming port failed
    Mar 17 00:15:38 spc root: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x04f2 product 0xb1d6
bus uhub3
    Mar 17 00:15:38 spc root: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x04f2 product 0xb1d6
bus uhub3
    Mar 17 00:15:39 spc root: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x0bda product 0x0138
bus uhub3

    After resume, a usbconfig command does still list all the attached
    USB devices.  I've played with sending usb suspend, resume and reset
    commands after the resume but to no avail.

The re(4) and the USB bus did work fine before the suspend/resume cycle,
btw.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?  Or further info I can
provide to assist?

Thanks,
        -jr

    http://opal.com/jr/toshiba_l675/toshiba_l675.dmesg