John,

it seems that possibly your recent changes for PCI bridges could have broken
something for my old 440BX/PIIX4/PIII type test machine.
Looks like now some I/O resources get assigned to a PCI bridge instead of ACPI.

Some highlights follow:
acpi_timer0: couldn't allocate resource (port 0x4008)
pcib0: <ACPI Host-PCI bridge> port 0xcf8-0xcff,0x4000-0x4041,0x5000-0x500f on
acpi0
device_attach: acpi_throttle0 attach returned 6

More data here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/ms6163/

I see that _CRS of the Host-PCI bridge indeed claims that 0x4000 range, so I
realize that this is a BIOS bug, but I think that perhaps we could have some
quirk there to leave this range to ACPI.

--
Andriy Gapon