From: John Baldwin [mailto:j...@freebsd.org]
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 3:07 PM
To: freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Cc: John Veit; Don Croft
Subject: Re: Sandy Bridge Support for FBSD 8.1

On Monday, November 14, 2011 9:50:14 am John Veit wrote:
> Motherboard: Dell R720 with 2 SandyBridge X6 CPU's I do not see some
> devices on the second CPU slot (e.g. the Integrated Memory
Controller devices @ bus(127):slot(15):fn(0)). I do see the IMC devices on the
first CPU Slot (bus(63):slot(15):fn(0)), however.

> Please advise.
> Thanks, John Veit
> jv...@dell.com

Eh.  How are you seeing those devices in the first place?  My understanding is
that these devices showed up on busses starting with bus 255 on down.  This is
managed by the qpi driver in sys/x86/pci/qpi.c.  Hmm, it doesn't see any
devices on my SB desktop machine here.  Ah.  It does a CPU ID check that needs
to be updated.  However, are the buses defined to be 127 and 63 rather than
255 and 254 as they were on Nehalem/Westmere?  Is there formal documentation
you can point me at (from Intel perhaps?) that explains the official method for
discovering these PCI buses?

--
John Baldwin