After the commit below, I've been able to suspend and resume my Dell
M6500 (equipped with NVIDIA M3800 video, BTW):

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=233056

However, this commit made it break again:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=233208

The above was an effort to eliminate a panic with a WITNESS-enabled
kernel introduced here:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=231797

After recently bumping up from 9-STABLE to 10-CURRENT, I've not
re-enabled WITNESS in my kernel config, so I didn't notice anything
strange going on.

For now, I've reverted r233208 in hopes that maybe a true fix can be
found for the underlying locking issue.  As a plebeian, I'll gladly
test changes or try experiments, but like so many others I have no way
to hack on this code myself in a meaningful way.

-Brandon