On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Gustau Pérez i Querol
<gpe...@entel.upc.edu> wrote:

>>> This could be similar to thinkpads, see my response to Honest Qiao's
>>> X201...
>>> Here's the short version:
>>>
>>> In single user, set hw.pci.do_power_resume=0 and
>>> hw.pci.do_power_suspend=0
>>>
>>> Try suspend bounce (and if successful suspend) with suspend beep sysctl
>>> on.
>>>
>>> If that fails (either bounce or full suspend) try just
>>> hw.pci.do_power_resume=1
>>>
>>> repeat test (bounce then full suspend)
>>>
>>> If that fails (either bounc or full suspend) try just
>>> hw.pci.do_power_suspend=1
>>>
>>> repeat test (bounce then full suspend)
>>>

>    Thanks Matt for your suggestions.
>
>    I'll use suspend for hw.pci.do_power_suspend and resume for
> hw.pci.do_power_resume.
>
>    The tests were made in single user with an stripped kernel (I can show a
> kldload -v if needed); no firewire, sdhci, mmc, if_ath, if_em, etc .
>
>    The short story is:
>
>       - without bounce and any combination of suspend and resume, the
> machine beeps forever when resuming from a full suspend
>       - with bounce, with any combination of s/r but suspend=1 and resume=0
> the machine stays alive without video (it gets full illuminated). With
> bounce and suspend=1 and resume=0 the machine freezes hard (I heard no beep
> because of bounce=1)
>
>    With bounce (when it doesn't freeze) I can do ls -laR /, grep's and I see
> the HD spining, so it stays alive with the bounce.
>
>    I tried the same tests (8) with acpi_video loaded and the results were
> the same. Because it seems to work with bounce and because it beeps when
> returning from a full suspend I would say that the problem is in the resume
> code path.
>
>   I could also do all the tests with acpi_fujitsu but it only gives the
> possibility to use the acpi controlled buttons on the notebook. The first
> time I tried to suspend/resume I was using acpi_fujitsu and the machine did
> not resume.
>
>   Thanks for your help.
>

> --
> Prou top-posting :      http://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting
> Stop top-posting :      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style
>
> O O O Gustau Pérez i Querol
> O O O Departament d'Enginyeria Telemàtica
> O O O Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
>       Edifici C3 - Despatx S101-B
>  UPC  Campus Nord UPC
>       C/ Jordi Girona, 1-3
>       08034 - Barcelona

Gustau,

Can you show the output of `devinfo -v` from your system?

I've been able to pinpoint an issue with resume on my notebook
(equipped with nvidia). I'm curious whether this could also affect
intel users...

See my reply in another thread:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2012-July/007677.html

-Brandon