On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 10:13 -0800, Sean Bruno wrote:
> Finally got around to returning the Dell R620 series BIOS update that
> breaks badly on FreeBSD.  I suspect that there is an ACPI update going
> on here that I need to figure out for -current.  I'm going to disable
> the pci bus that fails to attach via device hints and get an acpidump in
> a bit.

acpidump --> http://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/r620_acpi.txt
pciconf -lvcb --> http://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/r620_pciconf.txt

Problematic pci bus attach is on pcib6

pcib6: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 28.0 on pci0
pcib6:   domain            0
pcib6:   secondary bus     6
pcib6:   subordinate bus   6
pcib6:   no prefetched decode
device_attach: pcib6 attach returned 6
pcib6: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> irq 19 at device 28.7 on pci0
panic: Bad tailq NEXT(0xffffffff814f3318->tqh_last) != NULL

A couple of comments here.  It sure *looks* like the failure to attach
doesn't clean up after itself, which then leads to a *reuse* of pcib6
data elements for pcib7!

1.  we fail to attach to pcib6
2.  we don't clean up properly on a failure to attach
3.  we try to reuse the data structure that failed for the next pcib
device.

Sean