On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM, Joerg Wunsch <j...@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:

> As Kevin Oberman wrote:
>
> > > Values I'm geting are like this:
> > > 3732
> > >
> > > while actual is:
> > >
> > >  sysctl -n hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature
> > > 55.0C
> > >

> > ACPI does not report temperature in degrees Celsius, but in tenths
> > of a degree Kelvin.  So both agree.
>
> I wouldn't call it an agreement if one reports 373 K (= 100 °C),
> and the other one 55 °C ...
>
> (Btw., according to SI, Kelvin is a normal unit of measure, without
> the "degree".)
> --
> cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

Ack! I should have actually LOOKED at the numbers. Silly mistake. But I
just looked at the source and ACPI does report temperature in tenths of a
degree Kelvin, so I am now baffled as to what is going on.

Sorry, but SI or not, "tenths of a Kelvin" is just wrong. Actually, the
time you should properly omit the 'degrees' is when specifying a
temperature as in 373 K.

Still, I can't explain the odd reading of the raw value Dimitry is getting..
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkober...@gmail.com