On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 02:28:25 +0000, "Moore, Robert" <robert.mo...@intel.com>
wrote:
> > Thank you!  I backed out my hacks and with your 2 patches 10-CURRENT boots
> > successfully (with functional devices).  Loading a custom ASL is not
> > necessary.
>
> Do you mean that the change of a WORD field to a BYTE field is no longer
> necessary?
>
> If so, I would really like to see the buffer that is being sent to _SRS.

Yes, the change of WORD to BYTE is not necessary with 10-CURRENT.

I don't understand ACPI well enough to answer your followup.  All I know
is that there is some change in the ACPI parsing behavior between
9-STABLE (which triggers AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT in the broken _SRS method)
and 10-CURRENT (which used to panic but after jhb's fixes now boots
correctly).  Could it be possible that _SRS is not being called at all
with the new ACPI code?

--
Benjamin Lee
http://www.b1c1l1.com/