Hello,

Zitat von Гуляев Гоша <gosha-n...@yandex.ru>:

Good day!

I have a laptop with FreeBSD 10-BETA4 AMD64. When the power is lost it automatically reduces screen brightness. But when the power comes back, the brightness does not return to a normal level. Fn + BrightUP key do not help. I have no other auto power saving set up except powerd_enable="yes" in /etc/rc.conf

The only way to return brightness to a normal level now is to reboot. How I can fix that?

You could try to kldload acpi_video.

# kldload acpi_video
# sysctl -a | grep brightness

should show up a key which you can use to set the brightness.

# sysctl hw.acpi.video.lcd0.brightness=100

For some vendors (e.g. Lenovo) there are custom modules with their own brightness setting keys:

# kldload acpi_ibm
# sysctl -a | grep brightness

If none of this are working, you might want to try out ports/sysutils/acpi_call and directly calling an ACPI method to increase or set the brightness. This was btw the only way it is working for my Lenovo X121e and E330.

Kind regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Petermann <matth...@petermann-it.de> | www.petermann-it.de
GnuPG: 0x5C3E6D75 | 5930 86EF 7965 2BBA 6572  C3D7 7B1D A3C3 5C3E 6D75