Hello,

I'm trying to set up on a lenovo W540 mobile workstation I recently purchased. Things work well for the most part (including suspend/resume), however there's some error messages that I suspect are at the root of why the nvidia Xorg driver doesn't work, and possibly also at the root of why USB 3.0 won't work either.

At suspend/resume, the following error messages show up:

pci0: failed to set ACPI power state D2 on \134_SB_.PCI0.PEG_:
AE_BAD_PARAMETER
pci0: failed to set ACPI power state D2 on \134_SB_.PCI0.EXP1:
AE_BAD_PARAMETER
pci0: failed to set ACPI power state D2 on \134_SB_.PCI0.EXP2:
AE_BAD_PARAMETER
pci0: failed to set ACPI power state D2 on \134_SB_.PCI0.EXP3:
AE_BAD_PARAMETER
pci0: failed to set ACPI power state D2 on \134_SB_.PCI0.EXP5:
AE_BAD_PARAMETER

I suspect these might have something to do with the USB 3.0 system not working, though I don't have experience with either the ACPI or USB subsystems.

Also, the nvidia Xorg driver fails to work, and causes a similar error message:

ACPI Warning: \134_SB_.PCI0.PEG_.VID_._DSM: Argument #4 type mismatch -
Found [Buffer], APCI requires [Package] (20130823/nsarguments-97)
(the same message gets repeated about 10 times)

Again, I don't have any experience with ACPI, but this looks to me like a vendor-specific quirk.

Any advice on how to go about fixing/working around this?

Thanks,
Eric