On 12/31, John Baldwin wrote:
> In the case of brightness hotkeys, please try MFC'ing 270516 to your stable/10
> tree.  If that fixes it (it fixed brightness for my X220) then you know the
> specific
> change to ask someone (in this case Adrian) to MFC.

Thanks for the response. Forgive my ignorance, but how would I go about doing
that? I'm pretty new to Subversion, and I'm guessing I'd be deviating my local
-STABLE source tree by merging two code branches (creating my own local SVN
branch) to do it. If you wouldn't mind sharing the general steps, or if there's
a guide you could point me toward, I'd appreciate it.

If MFC'ing this myself isn't an option (what with my noobishness), I'd be
content to just whip up a basic script and bind it to the brightness keys
instead of putting you folks through the trouble.

- Bigby

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams