I am trying to temporarily disable my ACPI error messages I am getting on
my laptop. I've tried disabling ACPI (crashed right at boot), tried
hw.acpi.osname="Windows 2015" based on documentation and output from
'acpidump -td | grep "Windows"'(no change), and even tried
'hint.acpi_thermal.0.disabled="1"' since the main issue are the thermal
sensors. I know these issues need to be addressed and that I can't just
sweep them under the rug. However I am getting spammed with 4 lines of
errors every 3-5 seconds. This is making it near impossible to type out
anything but short commands at the prompt. I can't even open a file in vi
to try to edit before the spam covers the first 4 lines and makes it
impossible to read or edit. I would love to tackle this problem and get
ACPI working (if even only partially) but I can't do tanything with these
constant  error messages.

Is there a way to pipe the error messages to /dev/null? I have done that
using the find command and similar commands but I don't know how to when
it's constantly coming from the system.

Thanks,
Don