On Thu, 5 May 2005, Fafa Hafiz Krantz wrote:

Hello.

I am trying to find text or PDF formatted material that can contribute
to my effort to promote free and open source software specifically under
the various BSD platforms to world leaders.

This is a project to gather all the best rhetorics, facts and figures,
which will be compiled into somewhat of a masterplan released under the
creative commons license for governments, universities and research
agencies to later further once feasibility studies reveal their local
conditions. It is my belief that open source technology, better known as
free computing, can contribute to the growth of a nation by not only
cutting costs, but also by involving its people in F/OSS development so
that the nation can become more technology aware. Looking at it from
this angle, all BSD systems would benefit dramatically.

This is not an attempt to privatize open source advocacy.
Although that might have been a good idea.

I've tried to request this on regular user mailinglists, but I've been
flamed rather extensively. No wonder really, I was looking at the wrong
place. I've been told the advocacy lists would be more suitable.

Common sense tell me I may be right.
Time will tell if that is true.

--

Fafa Hafiz Krantz
 Research Designer @ http://www.bleed.no

Fafa,

The best place to start is at each of the listed OS's you sent to. Each website has tons of docs/link that can give you info from how to distribute down to each of the OS's copyright statements.

That is by far the best and easiest place to start. The hard pard will be to format it to suit your purposes.

Good luck.

Best regards, Chris

In order for something to become clean, something
else must become dirty.
... but you can get everything dirty without getting
anything clean.