On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 03:06:06PM +1100, Michael Vince wrote:
> I think in the main entry FreeBSD web site page there should be an extra
> tab for "Donations" or even in place of either the "About" or "Support"
> links.

Although I like the rest of your ideas, and encourage them, as someone
who spends a lot of time on support issues (ports and PRs) I really would
like to state that the Support tab is very important to have quickly
available.  It also seems to me that every web front page should have
an About tab so people can figure out what/where/why.

I would like to see the Donate link more prominent but unfortunately I
don't have a concrete suggestion.  I hope you can accept this as
constructive criticism anyway.

> I did touch on this topic a little while ago and some one flamed me
> saying Apple gave a lot back by giving back some source patches to the
> GCC project

Well, sometimes you have to ignore flaming emails :-)

As jhb said, there is support coming back from the corporate community,
but we're not really doing a good job of telling people that.

mcl