I am not sure if this link to there wish list has been passed around yet so here it is again just in case. This link was sent to me by a rep at macromedia telling me that request on their wish list guides there development. So I guess we should all put on this wishlist for a FBSD native player.

If everyone is aware of this link already then simply ignore my email :-)

LINK: http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

-Pablo

It would be nice to have a native plugin. I personally do not install the Linux Compat, and don't really plan on ever doing so. If an application does not provide a FreeBSD port I just don't use it. So I too requested that they consider creating a FreeBSD port. Hopefully we get enough users to bug them and they will comply. =)

Regards,
Pablo Delgado
I know this has been an exhaustive topic as of late, but it needs to
be addressed. Flash should be supported in some fashion on FreeBSD and
now we can't even run the Linux plugin (not that it worked without
crashing Firefox constantly anyway). Their license is unacceptable and
we need to speak up. Maybe we could file a class action suit against
the monopoly they are creating here. I only run FreeBSD on my desktop
and they are trying to force me to run something else, which I find
appalling. So if you feel the same way, do what I did and start
contacting them through their website in a polite, but direct request
for support:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/support/index.cfm?event=emailcs

Chad