On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 10:50:48AM +0200, Peer Schaefer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have designed some CDROM-related artwork for FreeBSD (CDROM-labels,
> sleeves and DVD-cases). The first drafts were posted to the
> FreeBSD-advocacy-mailing-list on Sept 1st, and since then I have
> received some kind feedback that lead to some changes (see mailing-list
> archive). In particular I would like to thank (in totally random order)
> Matt Olander, Simon Nielsen, Don Witt, Dru Lavigne, Ceri Davies, G?bor
> K?vesd?n, Remko Lodder, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav and Eric Anderson for their
> kind feedback. All design-flaws and errors remain my own.

Peter, thanks again for creating these.

> I would be pleased if these material could be placed at the website
> (e.g. http://www.freebsd.org/art.html). I would suggest to place a link
> to the artwork page in the downloads section, so that everyone who
> downloads an ISO-image can easily obtain the label and sleeve.
>
> If you find this artwork useful, I will also create "6.2" versions for
> the upcoming release.

I want to do this.  www@, the question for me is if these should go in
CVS or be hosted on the FTP servers (and how we arrange that).  Perhaps
the thumbnails should be in the www CVS and the rest of it on the FTP
servers.

> LEGAL:
> The logo and the logo-font are by Anton Gural.
> The colour palette is taken from Anton Gurals design-studies (but
> slightly modified).
> The text is taken from the FreeBSD-website.
> The remaining artwork is by me. I hereby donate my part of the artwork
> to the FreeBSD project, so you may use and distribute it under any
> license you may choose, e.g. under the BSD-license (you may even place
> it in the Public Domain). Unless the FreeBSD project chooses some other
> license, the FreeBSD license
> (http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-license.html) applies. It
> would be nice if you give me some credit, but that's not legaly required.

Deb, could you please look at what we'd need to do to regarding any
legal jiggerypokery, assuming that's in your remit?

Ceri
                                                  -- Moliere