I was under the impression that of the Linuces out there, Slackware was most
BSD-ish? How is Debian like BSD?

WMM

On 3/13/07, Nikolas Britton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 3/13/07, Julian Stacey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 2007/3/13, Peter A. Giessel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > > Dell is actually asking what Linux Distro to install, but if enough
of us
> > > ask for preinstalled FreeBSD, it might get them thinking about
FreeBSD and

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/survey.aspx/ss?ssid=OeAjvuto67E~&s=corp
> We have encountered a problem while processing the page you requested.
> If you experience any technical problems with your shopping experience
> at dell.com, please contact one of our trained sales representatives
> at 1-800-WWW-DELL to quickly complete your transaction. Or contact
> us about the problem you have encountered.

Their website is being slashdotted right now. When you do finally get
to the survey select "Community Supported: Ubuntu" for the last
question. Ubuntu is based on Debian... Debian  in many respects is
equivalent to FreeBSD.
"

--
http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on