Marc Fonvieille wrote:
On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 08:59:45AM -0700, Matt Olander wrote:
While Adobe hasn't agreed to port Flash to FreeBSD (yet!), they have agreed to re-distribution of the Flash player. I obtained 2 separate re-distribution agreements, one for PC-BSD and one for the FreeBSD Foundation.

The lead Flash Product Manager at Adobe, Emmy Huang, who is also a strong open source advocate, was a great help to me getting this far and she will be blogging about this shortly.

In the meantime, here's the very simple press release for PC-BSD/Flash:

Which Flash player version is concerned?  7.X I assume?

7 and 9, and I believe there's a clause for future versions until we're notified otherwise but it's been so long since I reviewed the agreement, I'll have to go back over it. Adobe has an entire process in place to get agreements signed, and it's not exactly fast.

-matt

--
Matt Olander
CTO, iXsystems - "Servers for Open Source"  http://www.iXsystems.com