I admit that I'm still a twitter noob and have only been on twitter for a few
weeks (after my boss finally convinced me to create an account for work and I
saw the value in having one).

I'm now following @freebsd, @freebsdannounce and @freebsdlogs as Murray
suggested.

>Does this repost from our events page via twitterfeed?  Or syndicate from
>upcoming?

Is this something I would setup or the other way around? If I should be setting
it up, are you aware of an FAQ? The twitterfeed site is pretty slim on info....

>We really need to make sure we keep our canonical list of events
>>(www.freebsd.org/events) updated first and foremost, and should put new
>delivery >mechanisms like twitter downstream from that. twitterfeed works well
>for this purpose.

Agreed and I'm open to ideas about how to best coordinate this and to filter
the non-FreeBSD specific events with minimal effort so that the FreeBSD website
is aware of events with a FreeBSD talk or booth.

Cheers,

Dru