Hello,
I'm currently planning on taking the BSD Association certification, as described here. (http://www.bsdcertification.org/)

Although I am primarily doing so for personal, rather than economic reasons, I did want to ask whether or not it possibly *would* add to a resume, in the opinions of people here. As much as I've loved using FreeBSD myself, I've been looking for trend and market share numbers on the Web recently, and what I've found has been fairly depressing; the indication usually seems to be a gradual, long term decline of the three major BSDs, with virtually all UNIX market share moving in the direction of Debian Linux. With that said, I've also noticed that FreeBSD is still visible on Netcraft's list of the most reliable ISPs.

I consider this tragic, because after close to 15 years of at least intermittent use of both systems, I have developed a belief that FreeBSD is vastly technically superior to any form of Linux that I have used, including Debian.

So I wanted to ask; how possible is it still, to become gainfully employed as a BSD administrator? Once I have the BSD certification, will it be necessary to concede to reality, and also seek certification in Linux as well? I have long considered that idea, but the problem is that Linux training generally costs a minimum of $2,000, and I do not have that type of money available.