You could also try contacting iX directly. If your company likes proprietary solutions, then iX can sell you something that looks to management like a proprietary system, even if it doesn't to the people actually using it...

Hahaha! I'm sorry to waste peoples tome with basically a giggle, but when I read that line, I just instantly had a mental image of the usual pointy haired moron managers all sitting around a boardroom table saying to one person that FreeBSD being free must have no real value, and then 5 minutes later someone showing then the same OS but with a price tag from a company and then them all shaking their heads yes in agreement because the sticker for the price tag is shiny and looks good. Lol, sorry about the basically useless reply but it brightened my day and maybe by pointing it out, it may brighten someone elses day as well.

Oh, and I'm sorry if this email displays bad; I'm writing this email with my phone, and though I love AquaMail as an email client, it does have a few quirks that can be odd.

For whatever it's worth to the OP; I've been using FreeBSD for a while, and I bought my first version of it, which was FreeBSD 4.0-Current, in my FreeBSD PowerPak. I was just getting into computers, and I was at Best Buy of all places with my mom, and I just happened to see it on the shelf; The FreeBSD PowerPak with FreeBSD 4.0-Current, and the book "The Compete FreeBSD". I still have the box, book, and all 10CDs :-)

My next work station is going to be from iX systems, as they have some of the finest computers money can buy in my opinion.

-Allen

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com