Hey Marcin,

So I just read the Contribution License Agreement and I didn't see
anything untoward.

https://cla2.dotnetfoundation.org/cladoc/net-foundation-contribution-license-agreement.pdf

Just remember all these projects are MIT, Apache 2 or CC license. I
think bringing this code into FreeBSD is a bonkers good idea. (Kaboom!
lolz). Especially if you think about how much proprietary code is out
there on Windows that people will want to protect. A FreeNAS style
management console would make FreeBSD a particularly attractive offer
over GPL licensed OSes for companies to create appliance style systems
(physical or virtual, a-la FreeNAS). Jails become yet another great
way to distribute proprietary code.

Sony PS 3&4, NetApp and now Nintendo Switch are all great examples of
what you can do with FreeBSD in a proprietary system.

Dot Net Core also opens up Arm based systems on FreeBSD in some ways
because it's specifically designed do be modular. I don't think Mono
has built on Arm for a long time and the performance of Mono has been
a problem of note.

Russ