Greetings,
 I'm experimenting with an AMD Athlon X2 CPU:
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/athlon-x2/Pages/AMD-athlon-x2-processor-model-numbers-feature-comparison.aspx

I just got. This will be the first AMD based kernel I've built.
So I find myself with a couple of questions I'm hoping someone
here can assist with.
As I understand it, this CPU is a K9, does the following line
from GENERIC still apply?
cpu             HAMMER                  # aka K8, aka Opteron & Athlon64

I noticed the following in NOTES
# x86 real mode BIOS emulator, required by atkbdc/dpms/vesa
options         X86BIOS

If I include VESA support in the kernel, will I also need to add the
that entry to obtain keyboard && VESA support?

Any other AMD specific tweaks I should apply?
Any comments/suggestions anyone wouls care to offer, will be grsatly
appreciated.

Thank you for all your time and consideratiion.

--Chris