But wouldn't this just disable frequency scaling and the whole point of powerd?


On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 1:46 AM, Stefan Esser <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Am 10.11.2013 22:46, schrieb Nicholas Stewart McKenzie:
> > My computer crashes if I enable powerd. I can't get cpu freq scaling to
> > work with my cpu:(P.S. I sent this to both drivers and amd64 mailing
> > list...
>
> Hi,
>
> you may want to try booting with the following line added to
> /boot/loader.conf (or entered at the boot menu prompt after
> breaking out of automatic boot):
>
> hint.acpi_throttle.0.disabled="1"
>
> There have been a number of reports of throttling causing
> crashes. This setting does not prevent powerd from adjusting
> your CPU's clock, it just disables some arcane feature which
> pre-dates the modern power management methods.
>
> Regards, STefan




-- 

Nicholas S. McKenzie
[email protected]
+1.530.355.6171
_______________________________________________
[email protected] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-amd64
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[email protected]"

Reply via email to