The FreeBSD project is pleased to announce the first transition from
Subversion to Git, for the doc repository.

We will begin the migration sometime on December 5th and hope to be
completed by December 8th. Please see
https://github.com/bsdimp/freebsd-git-docs/blob/main/doc-cutover-schedule.md
for
a detailed schedule.

Once this conversion is complete, Subversion will become read-only with no
further updates to the doc tree. If you are fetching our documentation from
source control, you will need to switch to the new git repository at the
URL listed at
https://github.com/bsdimp/freebsd-git-docs/blob/main/doc-cvt.md at the
top. Prior
to the cutover, the Subversion repository will be mirrored there. Please
see http://github.com/bsdimp/freebsd-git-docs for documentation on this and
other upcoming migrations. The FreeBSD handbook and website will update
from the appropriate repository, and will be unaffected by this change over.

As part of this conversion, we will be hosting office hours this Thursday
18:00 UTC, and at additional times in the future. For details please see
https://wiki.freebsd.org/OfficeHours. In addition, we will be monitoring
#gitcvt on EFnet (irc.efnet.org) and #git on the unofficial FreeBSD Discord
server (https://discord.gg/WKEKSPtJGp) for people encountering problems
during and after the cutover.

For the history about this transition, please see the g...@freebsd.org archives
at https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-git/.

Warner Losh and Ed Maste, on behalf of the git conversion working group.