>Number: 162587
>Category: misc
>Synopsis: unclear/incomplete description of per-interface statistics
>flag in netstat(1)
>Confidential: no
>Severity: non-critical
>Priority: low
>Responsible: freebsd-bugs
>State: open
>Quarter:
>Keywords:
>Date-Required:
>Class: sw-bug
>Submitter-Id: current-users
>Arrival-Date: Tue Nov 15 15:40:07 UTC 2011
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator: Vincent Hoffman-Kazlauskas
>Release: 9.0-RC2
>Organization:
>Environment:
FreeBSD zfstest 9.0-RC2 FreeBSD 9.0-RC2 #1 r227515:227516M: Mon Nov 14 23:15:40
GMT 2011 root@zfstest:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ZFSTEST amd64
>Description:
netstat(1) contains the following:
netstat -i | -I interface -s [-f protocol_family | -p protocol] [-M core]
[-N system]
Display per-interface statistics for each network protocol, for a
particular protocol_family, or for a single protocol.
however IPv4 (and maybe more, I dont know or how to find out,) does not support
per interface statistics.
>How-To-Repeat:
[root@zfstest ~]# netstat -i -s -f inet
[root@zfstest ~]#
>Fix:
possibly reword to something like.
netstat -i | -I interface -s [-f protocol_family | -p protocol] [-M core]
[-N system]
Display per-interface statistics for each network protocol, for a
particular protocol_family, or for a single protocol. Currently
this is only supported for inet6.
Otherwise maybe exclude rather than include, it depends what is supported as
leaving off the -f protocol_family only displays ip6 and icmp6 for me, but I
dont use or know much about pfkey atalk netgraph or ipx, so i cant test them
easily.
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
_______________________________________________
[email protected] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-bugs
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[email protected]"