https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=297394

--- Comment #12 from Benjamin Jacobs <[email protected]> ---
(In reply to Jeremy Chadwick from comment #11)
I've read your well and I've also surmized that the PATH corruption could be
caused by the presence of ENV (see
https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-ports/2026-August/009874.html ).
Since SA tries to copy ENV back and fort at some point (comment #6) it is easy
to imagine that there could be a bug in there overwritting perl's ENV while
restoring $ENV{ENV}. Since you know perl and have a (somehow) working
installation of SA, you could easily add debug steps to check if the whole
environment gets corrupted or not and put that hypothesis to test. You prefer
complaining and asserting that somehow "someone should have though of all the
ramifications" when the most likely explaination is that there is a simple bug
in Spam Assassin.

I understand that that the situation is frustrating to you as all bugs are. It
is also frustrating being dismissed while spending time doing factual research
and suggesting solutions to help solve your problem. I'll take note.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to