It seems Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     Here's some more info.  If the dd is stuck and systat -vm 1 is showing
>     no interrupts occuring on, for example, ahc2 (irq17), and I then do
>     something that causes an interrupt to occur on mux (irq19), which I
>     guess is ahc1, ahc2 then starts working... until it gets stuck again,
>     that is.  I can also get ahc2 going again by issuing another dd on ahc2.
>
>     For example:
>
>       dd if=/dev/rda1d bs=32k of=/dev/null
>               ... let this one run ...
>               ... it gets stuck ...
>       dd if=/dev/rda1d bs=32k of=/dev/null count=1
>               ... this unsticks the first dd ...
>               ... the first dd runs again ...
>               ... the first dd gets stuck again ...
>               repeat...
>
>     All I can think of is that something is causing the system to lose an
>     occassional interrupt.  There's a race condition somewhere.

Ahhh, I see this too, on an ATA only box that is, I loose my network
from time to time, especially if there is lots of interrups on another
source, it endeeed looks like we are loosing interrupts somewhere.

Guess we have to study some of the latest changes more carefully and
see went wrong, I'll try to experiment a bit with it....

-Søren