It seems Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> "Brian F. Feldman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > On 4 Jul 1999, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> > > Depends on your motherboard. Try to just disable UDMA66 first. If that
> > > doesn't help, or if you have a "known bad" chipset (e.g. AcerLabs
> > > Aladdin), disable UDMA completely in the BIOS setup utility.
> > What do you mean, "known bad" ALi?
>
> I should have said "known bad configuration". I know Søren's ATA
> driver supports UDMA on the Aladdin, but I don't have the luxury of
> expendable file systems, so I don't use it. I also think it's the
> wrong direction to go off in; if we're going to totally rewrite our
> IDE driver, we should do it within the CAM framework.

Do I hear a volounteer here ??
What the new ATA/ATAPI driver is all about is mostly a rewrite of all
the low level code, and that is still needed if you want to go the CAM way.
The higher levels of the new ATA driver is simply a port of my allready
done ATAPI drivers.
There is nothing in the way of screwing a CAM interface ontop of that
lowlevel code instead of/in parallel to the current highlvel code....

Oh and besides that I still have to loose a filesystem to the ATA
driver :)

-Søren