> Hi!

Hi, Thomas.

> I switched to the ata IDE driver some time ago. Since then, booting
> stops for about 30 seconds when the driver is installed. It didn't
> happen when using the old wd driver.

In /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT it says:

# This option allow you to override the default probe time for IDE
# devices, to get a faster probe.  Setting this below 10000 violate
# the IDE specs, but may still work for you (it will work for most
# people).
#
options       IDE_DELAY=8000  # Be optimistic about Joe IDE device
__
Trevor Johnson