Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Ernie Elu had
to walk into mine and say:

> I am looking for help with getting a Lucent Wavelan Turbo ISA (Bronze)
> card running.

What speed is the card, exactly.

> Having read a few posts about the Wavelan IEEE 802.11 card not working with
> the wi driver I thought I would give it a go anyway with the turbo card.

"Not working with the wi driver?" I hope you meant "now working."

> I installed a Wavelan Turbo PCMCIA card in my Toshiba 2520CDT notebook, and
> an idetical card with the Wavelan ISA adapter board into an Advantech 6154
> Slot PC.

I am not familiar with an "Advantech 6154 Slot PC." Please don't assume that
everyone automatically knows your hardware by name. Describe it. In detail.

> Both computers are running FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT with their IRQ set
> to 10 in pccard.conf, all other settings are default.
>
> It sort of works, the notebook end seems fine, but the Advantech end keeps
> coming up with the same error on the console every few seconds when there is
> traffic between them:
>
> wi0: oversized packet received (wi_dat_len=24576, wi_status=0x2000)
>
> No such error on the laptop.
>
> When the error occurs ftp or whatever you were doing stalls for a bit then
> continues.
>
> Any suggestions?

No. I never obtained any real documentation from Lucent (they won't release
the Hermes programming manual without NDA) and I don't have a turbo WaveLAN
card so I'm unable to duplicate your problem on my own equipment. If I can't
duplicate the problem and analyze it, I can't even begin to fix it.

-Bill

Work:         [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Center for Telecommunications Research
Home:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Columbia University, New York City